Tuesday 30 October 2007

Interesting date clash.....

Hey there everyone!! Well, Rebecca and I have tentatively planned our wedding for Saturday the 27th September.... which..... I just realised is the day of the AFL grand final........ mmmmm..... It is amazing what you do for love isn't it!! Hopefully the West Coast Eagles don't get into the grand final otherwise I will just have to have a remote television with me on the day. I am sure Rebecca would understand...

There is so much happening at the moment in regards to the wedding. We are in the process of looking at places to get married and at this point I think we have narrowed it down to either Coffs harbour or Port Macquarie (see attached maps on previous posts). We are having a civil marriage ceremony and have already booked our celebrant whom is a lovely lady called Deborah McMahon, whom we met for 2 hours on Sunday. She took us through all the steps involved; legal requirement and ceremony options. Bec and I are really excited about the options that we have in incorporating personal attributes to the ceremony. Don't worry, we won't bore you with hours of lovey-dovey things: just things that we both want to share with you all that makes it as much about the family and friends we have as much as it is about us two! I suppose that is all that I have to say in regards to timing of the wedding as a heads-up for everyone to come, but there will be more information with the invites in the future.

As for seeing you guys, Rebecca and I just yesterday booked our tickets back to Perth for Trio's wedding. Because of the high cost of flights around New Year's and the days just following it, we will be arriving in Perth at 10.30ish on New Years Eve!!! Believe it or not, that is the cheapest time; obviously because everyone is partying!!! It was almost $150 - $175 cheaper to leave on the Monday than on, say, the Wednesday. We will be staying until the Sunday or Monday after Trio's wedding and then flying back to wait by the phone to see where we will be moving next year (given that Bec is offered a full-time job).

Anyway, better head of as I am at work!!

No comments: